From Diary of a Ladybird:
1, To make these cupcakes I first made a batch of vanilla cupcakes. Then, once cooled, I peeled off the cupcake papers.
2. I then smoothed white chocolate ganache over the sides, leaving the base and top uncovered.
3. Once the ganache had set (about 30 minutes), I attached a measured strip of white RTR fondant. The strip was wide enough to match the height of the cupcake and to give room to hold the cupcake icing to follow.
4. To attach the cup handle I lay the cupcake on their sides and attached a small strip of fondant with a little water.
5. Next I made the italian meringue icing (see below), which I coloured brown with brown food colouring.
6. I then carefully spooned the icing into the 'cups' and smoothed gently then topped with miniature marshmallows.
Italian Meringue Icing recipe
A beautiful and versatile icing, italian meringue is creamy, soft and volumous.
1 c (200g) caster sugar
1/3 c water (80 ml) water
2 egg whites
1. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan, and stir over heat without boiling until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Boil uncovered without stirring until the syrup reaches 116 degrees on a candy thermometer. The syrup should be thick but not coloured. Remove from heat and allow the bubbles to subside.
3. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer to soft peaks. With the motor running, add the hot syrup in a thin, stead stream.
4. Beat on high speed for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and glossy.